Today, companies in the hospitality industry sometimes face significant competition. Hotel managers help give their firms an edge by reading informative books about their field. As I’ve discussed in previous articles, it never hurts to become more educated in your field. Consider adding these eight excellent works to your business bookshelf soon:
- 100 Tips For Hoteliers by Peter Venison
New hotel owners and managers will appreciate this book! Many of these tips help prevent critical mistakes in operating a successful hotel.
- The Cornell School of Hotel Administration on Hospitality: Cutting Edge Thinking And Practice by Michael C. Sturman, Jack B. Corgel, and Rohit Verma
Control business costs as you develop an international chain of hotels. This informative textbook offers insights into management issues for hoteliers around the world.
- 7 Easy Ways to Show Your Employees You Care by Jokima Hiller
This short booklet offers some great tips. Consider using some of these ideas to help make your employees feel appreciated. Raising morale enhances employee retention rates!
- Without Reservations: How a Family Root Beer Stand Grew into a Global Hotel Company by J.W. “Bill” Marriott, Jr.
Both hoteliers and MBAs appreciate this well-written book. It details the development of the influential Marriott chain. The world’s largest international network of hotels began as a small family enterprise.
- Revenue Superstar!: The Simple Rules of Hotel Revenue Management by Johan Hammer
This informative book helps introduce hoteliers to the nuts and bolts of finance and revenue issues. It assists in analyzing hotel revenue streams to optimize profits. Both novice and experienced hoteliers may find this book valuable.
- The New Gold Standard: 5 Leadership Principles for Creating a Legendary Customer Experience Courtesy of the Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company by Joseph Michelli
The Ritz-Carlton helped pioneer lavish customer service. It became synonymous with luxury. This account offers insight into the importance of pampering hotel guests.
This entertaining book explores the theme of hospitality in an engaging, stimulating way. Today, “hospitality” remains one of the most crucial factors in the success or failure of hotels and motels. Readers will appreciate the focus on this critical aspect of hotel management.
- People Matter Most: The Dirty Little Secrets of Employee Relations & Labor Management by Mason Duchatschek, Jason Greer, and Ken Lynch
As an employer in today’s highly regulated workforce, knowing the secrets of employee relations and labor management is a major key to success.